The VMware Academy Programme is undergoing changes in 2018-2019. Most important is the new and broader curriculum with a strong foundation in virtualization and cloud.
Changes for 2018 – New Academic courses
- Appeal to a much broader student population
- Update our current commercial curriculum with three Academic-friendly courses to be phased in throughout the year.
- Develop a strong foundation in virtualization and cloud
- Digital badges awarded after course completion to share on social media
- Academy-specific certification to recognize knowledge and skills opening doors for first IT job
- New offering for secondary/high schools
Please take 5 minutes to share your perspectives about the Vmware Academy Program. This information will be used to help drive Program improvements.
VMware Academy Programme Q&A
1. The Academy Program is changing. When Will Parts 2 and 3 be available? What Will the costs be?
Solutions 2 is available now in your webstore. Still $250 for now which is a bargain. If schools want to upgrade to the new VMWare version for their lab environment, the software is only $250 for the year per classroom. NDG’s 6.5 labs will work with the new Solutions 3 course.
2. Is there still an accreditation needed for instruction? What are the demands? .
Currently, there is no accreditation.
3. We have academies working with version 5.5. They want to upgrade to 6.5. Do they still get a discount for their licenses? What are the exact prices.
Same price - $250
4. Is there also a possibility to do an academic exam/test within the Academy program?
Yes, we do have accessments posted for Solutions 2 and there will also be for Solutions 3.