If you are a new academy or want to know more about the information elements required, you can find in this document the basic information necessary when entering or updating your Academy Profile
Moreover, all academies need to be knowledgeable about the Networking Academy Global Policy. More info on Netacad policy: Netacad Policy Overview
General Information Page
- Academy name, address, country, and state/province, postal code, city, phone number, time zone
- You will be asked to update/verify this information once a year when you renew your Membership Agreement.
- After initial registration, you cannot edit the Institution ID or Institution Name. If you want to change the name of your academy, please use the link in Academy Connection on the View/Edit Academy Information page
Cisco Academy Information Page
NetAcad Contact and NetAcad Success Lead
- NetAcad Contact: name, email
- NetAcad Success Lead(s): name, email
- You will be asked to update/verify this information, as well as your academy profile information, on an annual basis.
Institution Education Level
- To help manage the program and serve you better, Cisco are aligning our Education Level designations with the ISCED-97 framework developed by UNESCO and used by the OECD. This international framework will allow you to provide information about your institution based on the typical starting age of your students, the length of the program of study, and the goal for which you are preparing your students.
- The framework contains two types of information: a general category that indicates the “level” of the program and a type which indicates the goal of the program.
- First, you must determine the general category that best fits your institution: Lower Secondary, Upper Secondary, Post-Secondary Non-Tertiary, or Tertiary Education. These categories are determined based on the typical starting age of students and the approximate length of the program.
- Next, within the general category you must choose the type (I, II, or III) of program that best fits the Cisco Academy at your institution. These types are based on the goal of the program, namely what you are preparing your students to do next. Please note that for Tertiary Education this second level of detail is based only on the length of the program.
Academy Support Center (ASC)
- At the bottom of the Cisco Academy Information page, you can see the name of the Academy Support Center (ASC) that Cisco has assigned to your academy.
- ASCs exist to provide your academy baseline services to enhance sustainability.
Membership Agreement Page
- Status informatin: Academy Name, Academy ID, Status, Membership Renewal Date, Membership Agrrement History
- You can download the Membership Guide and the Membership Agreement using Adobe Acrobat to review their contents. If the NetAcad Contact can act as the legal signatory, that person can review and accept the Membership Agreement online. If not, the NetAcad Contact can forward a link to the Agreement in an email to the appropriate legal signatory. The signatory can then review and accept the agreement online. The academy signatory must sign the Academy Membership Agreement every three years.
- Part of signing your Membership Agreement is reviewing and agreeing to comply with the policies in the Membership Guide, which explains your role and responsibilities as an academy and the policies you must adhere to in order to maintain membership in the Cisco Networking Academy community.
- The Membership Guide is located on the Membership Agreement page of your profile.
Signing theMembership Agreement online is the preferred method. If your signatory is unable to sign the Membership Agreement online, you can download the agreement and sign a paper version. To sign a paper version:
- Print the document single-sided
- Review content
- Complete all information in the signatory section
- Have authorized signatory sign the agreement
- Make a legible soft copy of the signed agreement (pdf format preferred if possible)
- Email the signed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cosigned final version of your agreement will be available on your institution's Membership Profile and Agreement page in approximately 15 business days.