All Cisco Academies must adhere to all of the following policies in order to maintain membership in the Cisco Networking Academy community. By becoming a member of the Cisco Networking Academy program, member institutions are agreeing to participate in the recognition aspect of the program.
- Institutions must be approved by Cisco to become a Cisco Academy.
- Cisco Academies must comply with Cisco’s policy on Non-Support of Violence and Terrorism. (See Related Policies.) ￼
- Cisco Academies must accept the online (or other) Membership Agreement (a) upon joining the Networking Academy and (b) every 3 years thereafter. ￼
- Cisco Academies must adhere to Cisco copyright, marketing, and privacy rules. (See Related Policies.)
- Cisco Academies must ensure access (or remote access) to equipment in line with course guidelines—to support skills based learning and assessment.
- Cisco Academies must assign the roles of NetAcad Contact and NetAcad Success Lead to at least one individual. (Please see Continuous Improvement of Educational Quality)
- Cisco Academies must ensure that the NetAcad Contact, NetAcad Success Lead, and a NetAcad Instructor complete Academy Orientation.
- Cisco Academies must ensure that their instructors successfully complete training and assessment in a Cisco Academy course prior to teaching that course. (Please see Instructor Training Guidelines.) ￼
- Cisco Academies must ensure that only registered students are permitted to have access to assessments (both online and skills based) to maintain the integrity of the Cisco Academy. ￼ ￼
- Cisco Academies must ensure that student results are recorded in the online Grade Book including online final, skills assessment, course feedback, and graduation status.
- Cisco Academies must ensure that all courses meet the following criteria: 1) Instructor led 2) Not less than 70 hours in duration 3) Not less than 3 weeks in duration
- All Cisco Academies must be aligned with an Academy Support Center to ensure the Cisco Academy’s direct access to operational support.
- Cisco Academies must review their own quality Academy Success Dashboard and take appropriate action as defined in the Continuous Improvement of Educational Quality section. ￼￼￼
- All individuals associated with a Cisco Academy must accept the Website Usage Agreement.
Cisco Academies that do not offer at least one class every 24 months will be deemed inactive.